Labels

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Palestine... This Week in Palestine: POEM by Manar Harb

http://www.thisweekinpalestine.com/details.php?id=3569&ed=200&edid=200













Photo by: Maysa Al-Sha’er.

Palestine

By Manar Harb

Palestine,

how long I stand before you…

Wounded,
deep inside your womb,
Hollow.

Scarred,
a million years of history,
Blood.

Distorted,
Oriental images and tales,
Wrong.

Palestine…
I stand before you long…

Your name,
A load.

Your borders,
A war.

Your statehood,
A scandal.

Palestine…

Your beauty
I cannot ignore

Your land
a fertile crescent

Your people
a source for strength

I stand before you
Long
in an attempt
to apprehend
your place in my life.

Your womb hollow
Your history blood

Your image distorted
Your beauty abrupt

I stand before you and ask myself,
Where do I stand?

No comments:

Post a Comment