Labels

Thursday, November 30, 2023

Nothing- a poem by Ahmed Dremly of Gaza Palestine

 https://wearenotnumbers.org/nothing/

November 27, 2023
Artist unknown. Courtesy the Palestine Poster Project Archives.

Nothing

 

I’m still breathing

but that is not enough

to feel alive.

 

I lost my loved ones.

I lost my power, hope, dreams,

and my last tears.

 

Nothing can express

the pain of losing the people

who were a main part of my life.

 

Nothing can erase

the last look at them

from my eyes.

 

Nothing can stop

replaying our memories

before Israel took them away.

 

And nothing

can let me imagine

moving forward with my life

after them.

 

Editor‘s Note: Ahmed Dremly is from Gaza City. Through its bombing, Israel killed his best friend, nine of his cousins, an uncle, and other friends and family members who are still under the rubble.



Mentor: Zeina Azzam

 


The mission of WANN is to create a new generation of Palestinian writers and thinkers who can bring together a profound change to the Palestinian cause to get their voices heard. WANN provides the world with direct access to the Palestinian narrative without any restrictions and without foreign intermediaries speaking on behalf of the Palestinians. https://wearenotnumbers.org/

[AS ALWAYS PLEASE GO TO THE LINK TO READ GOOD ARTICLES or quotes IN FULL: HELP SHAPE ALGORITHMS (and conversations) THAT EMPOWER DECENCY, DIGNITY, JUSTICE & PEACE... and hopefully Palestine]  

No comments:

Post a Comment