Labels

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Grotesque, offensive cartoon depicts Netanyahu's grotesque, offensive anti-Palestine polices:

 "First of all I am not, and never have been, antisemitic," Scarfe said. "The Sunday Times has given me the freedom of speech over the last 46 years to criticise world leaders for what I see as their wrong-doings. This drawing was a criticism of Netanyahu, and not of the Jewish people: there was no slight whatsoever intended against them. I was, however, stupidly completely unaware that it would be printed on Holocaust day, and I apologise for the very unfortunate timing."

... "Steve Bell, cartoonist for the Guardian, defended Scarfe: "For once, this wasn't a bad cartoon. The problem with the state of Israel and the Zionist lobby is that they never acknowledge the crime of ethnic cleansing on which the state was founded.""


No comments:

Post a Comment