Labels

Friday, December 7, 2012

I Am From ... a poem by Saba Abu Zaanona

Young Literary Talents - This Week in Palestine


I Am From

By Saba Abu Zaanona

I am from the silence of the night,
Magic of the moon…
Whisperings of a midnight
Cool breeze summer afternoon…
I am from forgetting myself
through the words of a poet or favourite writer…
I am from the crazy woman inside me who wakes up to start writing…
I am from the lovely memories
with friends
with family
with love and tender 
I am from listening to music, giving it permission to translate my inner wonder,
My heart, my feelings
Allow them to fly, freely,
with melodies
with rhythm
without borders
without limits…
I am from sitting on the beach’s sand watching the sunset,
while the tide tickles my feet…
I am from yesterday and tomorrow,
life stations,
an unknown,
awaiting me to live a better life…

Saba Abu Zaanon is a writer and translator from Gaza. She studied English literature at Al-Azhar University and currently works at the National Centre for Studies and Documentation.


Photo by Majed Shabaneh

Photo by Emile Ashrawi

No comments:

Post a Comment