Labels

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Nihal Rabbani remembering Juliano

".... When we finished filming, I noticed that there was something wrong with the sound. Jule was already late for his next interview and laughed, “You mean these two hours, which usually only take fifteen minutes – they were for nothing?” (As it happens, the local broadcaster wasn’t interested in this subject so never watched the footage. But I did keep the video tapes and decided to edit the material as an homage to Jule.)

Since the day we met, Jule never failed to mention my “crazy memory” to people he introduced me to. The camera woman who worked with us that day in 2003 had since become a friend. When I sent her a text message about what happened last Monday, she responded in disbelief, saying, “What terrible news, coming from such a beautiful and inspiring man.”" Nihal Rabbani

http://ceasefiremagazine.co.uk/new-in-ceasefire/remembering-juliano/

Arts & Culture Remembering Juliano

No comments:

Post a Comment