Labels

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My letter to the Guardian RE Amir Nizar Zuabi & his play " I Am Yusuf and This Is My Brother": A Palestinian story about Palestinians"

Amir Nizar Zuabi in Jerusalem. Photograph: Gali Tibbon
In the war of 1948, thousands of Palestinians were uprooted from their homes never to return, and playwright Amir Nizar Zuabi is determined to tell their stories

RE: I Am Yusuf and This Is My Brother: A Palestinian story about Palestinians
http://www.guardian.co.uk/stage/2010/jan/10/amir-nizar-zuabi-interview

Dear Sir,

"My grandmother, this Palestinian matriarch, used to say, 'If you plant what ifs, you'll sow I wish.'" Amir Nizar Zuabi. What a wonderful quote!


Thank you so very much for publishing the story of intriguing playwright Amir Nizar Zuabi and his compelling new play "I Am Yusuf and This Is My Brother: A Palestinian story about Palestinians".

There is a huge international push for peace right now, with the official Arab Peace Initiative leading the way towards a just and lasting settlement creating two states to end the Israel/Palestine conflict. Two states with full respect for international law- and basic human rights. I very much hope that a compassionate awareness of the very real plight of the Palestinians will help make the necessary transition away from blame games and
conflict the most logical choice for all involved.

Sincerely,
Anne Selden Annab

No comments:

Post a Comment