Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy:
Civic EducationREAD MORE
- Center for Civic Education, home of the educational programs “We the People” and “Project Citizen.”
- Center for Democracy and Citizenship, affiliated with the University of Minnesota and engaged in activist democracy through projects involving public work.
- CIRCLE or the Center for Information and Research on Civic Learning and Engagement, funded by Carnegie Corporation of New York and based in Tufts University's Jonathan M. Tisch College of Citizenship and Public Service, this center promotes research and projects on civic and political engagement of the young.
- Civic Mission of Schools, dedicated to reviving and enhancing civic education in the public schools.
- Close Up Foundation, which runs a Washington DC experiential learning program for middle-school and high-school students.
- Constitutional Rights Foundation, which focuses on educating America's youth about the importance of democratic participation.
- National Alliance for Civic Education, an alliance of over 200 groups and individuals committed to advancing civic knowledge and engagement and to helping citizens better understand the role and value of civic education.
- Public Achievement, a civic engagement initiative that seeks to involve the young in learning lessons of democracy by doing public work.