Labels

Friday, January 21, 2011

Leader Salam Fayyad seeks to make Palestinian statehood inevitable

"I will never back away from this. Part of getting where we must go comes from transforming this from abstract concept to the realm of the possible. A key point of strength is to impart a sense of inevitability. That's highly transformative, both on Israelis and Palestinians. I'm betting on that. The minute you begin to equivocate, you become an analyst. I'm not an analyst. I'm immersed in this. My soul is in it. I can't project anything but full confidence. I could care less how I'm viewed. It's not about legacy. It's about a state that will be born this year. Come to me on Aug. 25 (Aug. 26 is the deadline) and I'll be saying, "We still have one day left." That's me. Unless we have the spirit to defy it, it's not going to happen. Unless we believe it, how is it going to become a reality? Let the skeptics have second thoughts. I have no Plan B. No parachute." Palestinian Authority Prime Minister Salam Fayyad

Leader Salam Fayyad seeks to make Palestinian statehood inevitable

'It's not about legacy. It's about a state that will be born this year,' the prime minister says.

No comments:

Post a Comment