Labels

Sunday, April 28, 2024

Enlightenment ripples out online thanks to little things such as a forwarded photo of the Educate & Protest for Palestine College Campus Campaigns: The University of Pennsylvania encampment has set up a Refaat Alareer memorial library

The University of Pennsylvania encampment has set up a Refaat Alareer memorial library
 


Mosab Abu Toha

 
Refaat and I were supposed to attend the Pal Writes literary festival at UPenn in September 2023.
 
Refaat very much wanted to travel and take part but he couldn’t attend a visa interview at the US embassy because of the siege and occupation.
 
I went, however, and I attended the event which Refaat was supposed to participate in.
 
These days, the University of Pennsylvania encampment has set up a Refaat Alareer memorial library.
 
I can see the photo I took of Refaat posing for a picture with the strawberries we picked together.
 
I can see on a shelf my own poetry book.
 
I can see love and humanity in this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment