Labels

Sunday, March 31, 2024

A big reason so many of us are speaking up for Palestine is because we recieved Holocaust education not because we lack it: NEVER AGAIN FOR ANYONE

weirdmomart  #artforpeace  #artforpalestine 

"I grew up learning about the Holocaust. I learned of the horror European Jews went through, the way most Germans went along with it, the way most of the world turned a blind eye and wouldn't even let Jews immigrate. I also learned about courageous people from many backgrounds who saved Jews and resisted occupation.

From there, I learned about other genocides including of Indigenous peoples in my own country. I learned how to tell the signs of genocide like how people spoke of Jews or Indigenous peoples as dirty, inhuman, or as inherent threats to security.

I can now recognize the signs of genocide against Palestinians thanks to this education. I learned never again for anyone and if it ever happens we need to speak out even if we're called names and threatened.

Never again is now."

#genocide #holocausteducation #jewishartist #neveragain #illustration #art #artforpeace #artforpalestine #art4palestine #ceasefirenow🇵🇸

No comments:

Post a Comment