Labels

Sunday, December 31, 2023

Homeless in my homeland by Hanin A. Elholy

"... Everything we bought for our home has gone. Many of our debts have not been repaid.

Our home was a beautiful apartment in Beit Lahiya, northern Gaza.

I loved receiving visitors.

I would sit with them on the sofa and have sweets, nuts, drinks. Sometimes lunch.

We slept peacefully in our bedroom.

In the living room, we would play with our baby son Majd, often surprising him with gifts of new toys.

The kitchen was my own little world. I experimented by making many dishes for the first time.

Some were a success, others a failure.

Ahmad and I would cook, eat and wash the dishes together.

Majd would crawl around everywhere. We had to keep an eye on him so that he wouldn’t break glasses.

Israel has turned everything into dust... "

Hanin A. Elholy is a researcher, writer and translator based in Gaza.

Homeless in my homeland

Displacement means that many people do not have adequate shelter.  Omar Ashtawy APA images

READ MORE... https://electronicintifada.net/content/homeless-my-homeland/43246

[AS ALWAYS PLEASE GO TO THE LINK TO READ GOOD ARTICLES or quotes or watch videos IN FULL: HELP SHAPE ALGORITHMS (and conversations) THAT EMPOWER DECENCY, DIGNITY, JUSTICE & PEACE... and hopefully Palestine]

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment